NCAA 10 - Online Dynasties
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NCAA 10 - Online Dynasties

For truly dedicated fans of NCAA 10 and Online Dynasties.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Player Booted: longhorn8005

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Player Booted: longhorn8005 Empty Player Booted: longhorn8005 Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:06 pm

BarackLikeMe

BarackLikeMe
Admin

So here is the deal fellas...

I was looking at "longhorn8005" stats (coach of SMU) and his DE had 24 sacks through half of the season. As I said before, CHEESING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Even if it is against the CPU, if you use cheesing techniques you will just get booted. Why waste your time recruiting and playing games when you are just gonna get your ass booted? LOL

Longhorn8005 - he is a good guy and I personally don't have a problem with him. My brother actually thinks he is a cool guy. However, I'm not going to allow any violations of any rules. It takes the fun out of the league. Besides, what about our defensive players that actually achieve their stats LEGITIMATELY? Well they miss out on awards because of cheese play. Nobody has 24 sacks through half of the season, or 8 sacks in one game, or any variation. I know it sucks taking a loss, but you don't have to cheese to avoid it.

Comments?

https://ncaa10.rpg-board.net

2Player Booted: longhorn8005 Empty Re: Player Booted: longhorn8005 Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:10 pm

BigReds

Legend in the Making
Legend in the Making

How the hell does someone even get 24 sacks?

3Player Booted: longhorn8005 Empty Re: Player Booted: longhorn8005 Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:12 pm

BarackLikeMe

BarackLikeMe
Admin

BigReds wrote:How the hell does someone even get 24 sacks?

By cheese play. Simple.

As a side note, we do have 1 spot available. I'll look to the gamespot forum for another player - unless someone can make a suggestion of a friend that might be interested.

https://ncaa10.rpg-board.net

DISCIPLEofPAIN

DISCIPLEofPAIN
High School Coach
High School Coach

I play primarily LE when I play defense... after years of doing this you just learn ways to passrush, if you add up the stats of my injured LE, and the backup I have starting now, I've probably got close to 20 for the season, my backup's 1st game he had 6 sacks in the game... it however does make you very vunerable against a rush to the right... I've also played Longhorn in other leagues.. he's seriously legit, and he's nowhere near as successful in user vs user play, as neither am I when I do this. Anyway, if you consider this cheesing, i'm guilty too.. however look at my 3-7 record and tell me how this really makes any difference. I've been using the LE on defense on Madden as well as NCAA since the 90's when I first started playing these games.... I've played ppl that have used safety's primarily for years.. and I swear any ball you throw towards them is picked! I don't consider that cheesing either because there are ways to bust them, they've just played that way for so long they've learned to play it well. All of this is just my honest opinion and admission of guilt of doing the same thing. I don't consider it cheesing. It's the only way I've played for years.

5Player Booted: longhorn8005 Empty Re: Player Booted: longhorn8005 Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:32 pm

goober26

goober26
1st Year Coach
1st Year Coach

I side with disciple's opinion. Although 20 sacks is A LOT, certain gamers play with the same defensive player play after play. And if anything, when I'm on the offensive going up against them, I almost "look" for them when deciding where to run/throw. The offensive player has many advantages over a circled DE: audibles, line shifts, TE movement, scrambles the opposite direction, flats/screens, pump fakes, etc. Personally, when I'm on defense, I watch the user's tendencies and decide my defensive player from there. For example, I played a guy earlier today in another dynasty league and he continued to scramble right, fake the run with the QB, and then pass to his 3rd receiver on the inside running the same direction. So I took control of the SS or even OLB and picked him off twice during the game. He on the other hand would be the LE most of the game on defense... so I ran to the left, etc. The point is, yeah it may be unrealistic to have a guy with 20 sacks 10 games into the season, however his other players lack in tackles, INTs, etc.

And if anything else, chances are he won't win the Heisman with a defensive player Wink

6Player Booted: longhorn8005 Empty How does anyone get 24 sacks? Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:51 pm

DISCIPLEofPAIN

DISCIPLEofPAIN
High School Coach
High School Coach

Big Red.... the NCAA record in a season is 22, Terrel Suggs(I believe that's how it's spelled) did it at Arizona State I'm thinking.

Last edited by DISCIPLEofPAIN on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Player Booted: longhorn8005 Empty Re: Player Booted: longhorn8005 Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:53 pm

BigReds

Legend in the Making
Legend in the Making

ok.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum