NCAA 10 - Online Dynasties
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NCAA 10 - Online Dynasties

For truly dedicated fans of NCAA 10 and Online Dynasties.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FIU vs. North Texas

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FIU vs. North Texas Empty FIU vs. North Texas Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:40 am

WaitingToInhale

WaitingToInhale
Hometown Hero
Hometown Hero

Hey McNasty - just wanted to let you know that I'll be available this evening to get our game going. Too bad EA servers were messing up a few nights ago or we would have it finished already. I've heard alot of people have had problems with EA this week - maybe cause of Madden, who knows. But I'll be around after 8 PM CT. And then we can get in our GAME OF THE WEEK!!!

FIU (7-1) vs North Texas (8-0)

The winner will be in the top 25 next week for sure.

2FIU vs. North Texas Empty Re: FIU vs. North Texas Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:29 pm

maxnasty54@yahoo.com

1st Year Coach
1st Year Coach

sounds good. i'll try to be online around then.

3FIU vs. North Texas Empty Re: FIU vs. North Texas Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:24 am

BarackLikeMe

BarackLikeMe
Admin

maxnasty54@yahoo.com wrote:sounds good. i'll try to be online around then.

I spoke to WaitingToInhale tonight and he got a little too fucked up...lol. I'm sure you guys will get the game finished on Saturday. I'd love to advance on Sat. evening.

https://ncaa10.rpg-board.net

4FIU vs. North Texas Empty Re: FIU vs. North Texas Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:33 am

WaitingToInhale

WaitingToInhale
Hometown Hero
Hometown Hero

It has been a CRAZY weekend. I talked to BarackLikeMe - and he said if we don't get the game done by 10pm, he is going to advance to next week. So we definitely need to get this thing taken care of. I'm sure the rest of the users are wanting to get their game played. McNasty, check your email, I'm sending you my phone number. Just text me whenever you have a good time to play. Thanks bro.

5FIU vs. North Texas Empty Re: FIU vs. North Texas Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:13 am

BarackLikeMe

BarackLikeMe
Admin

WaitingToInhale wrote:It has been a CRAZY weekend. I talked to BarackLikeMe - and he said if we don't get the game done by 10pm, he is going to advance to next week. So we definitely need to get this thing taken care of. I'm sure the rest of the users are wanting to get their game played. McNasty, check your email, I'm sending you my phone number. Just text me whenever you have a good time to play. Thanks bro.

Yes, I'm going to advance this evening. So you guys need to get in touch and get this played ASAP.

https://ncaa10.rpg-board.net

6FIU vs. North Texas Empty Re: FIU vs. North Texas Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:36 pm

maxnasty54@yahoo.com

1st Year Coach
1st Year Coach

hey guys. i moved into my dorm room this weekend and have been trouble connecting to the internet. i probably won't be able to get on today, so you might want to just simulate the game. sorry to hold up the dynasty.

p.s. - if anyone has any recommendations on how to use ethernet connection i'd like to here them. i know you should be able to just plug in the the cord and it should go, but my ps3 doesn't even recognize that it is plugged in.

thanks

max

7FIU vs. North Texas Empty Re: FIU vs. North Texas Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:37 pm

WaitingToInhale

WaitingToInhale
Hometown Hero
Hometown Hero

maxnasty54@yahoo.com wrote:hey guys. i moved into my dorm room this weekend and have been trouble connecting to the internet. i probably won't be able to get on today, so you might want to just simulate the game. sorry to hold up the dynasty.

p.s. - if anyone has any recommendations on how to use ethernet connection i'd like to here them. i know you should be able to just plug in the the cord and it should go, but my ps3 doesn't even recognize that it is plugged in.

thanks

max

Max -
1) First you need to go to your "NETWORK SETTINGS" tab/feature under "SETTINGS" in your Playstation 3 Operating System (Dashboard). You need to make sure your connection says "Wired". If it says "wireless", then that is your issue right there.
2) If your PS3 system says "Wired", then you need to do some troubleshooting.
a) First you need to make sure your ethernet connection works. Plug in any computer and make sure you can access the internet.
b) Make sure that your ethernet cord is good. Ask one of your roommates or neighbors to borrow their ethernet cord. I've known many people who had a bad cord and they thought the connection was bad. This is a key step to take.

If you are able to connect your PC to the internet via ethernet cable, then you need to check your "WIRED" PS3 settings. If you are getting a connection on another device, then your PS3 settings are 100% the problem. The good news is, at least you know where the problem stems from.

3) Go into your PS3 dashboard, go to Settings and then select Network Settings.
4) Select "Internet Connection Settings".
5) Select "Easy" method. This should set up the network just like your Computer would. Ironically, getting a wired PS3 should be much less difficult than connecting a wireless connection, because you don't have to worry about any WEP/WPA security. The network sees you are plugged in - and automatically assumes you have permission to access the internet.

If your PS3 does not connect at this point, then you need to go back to the "Network Settings" tab. Then select "Internet Connection Test". Run this test and pay attention. Note what point the test hangs. Are you getting an I.P. address? Are you connecting to the DNS servers? Make a note of where the hang-up is happening and then google something like "PS3 connection problem at **********".

As a side note, you may have certain security features lined up since you are in a college dorm. They may require certain ports, usernames or other information that could prohibit your PS3 from connecting. Of course, you would have noticed that with your normal computer. In a last ditch effort, contact Technical Support at your college and ask them if any ports are supposed to be open to connect a PS3 - and ask them if they've had to answer any questions about PS3 connections before. Considering you are in a dorm - I'm sure they have.

If all of this fails - you have a bad ethernet card. Good news is - if you have a relative small amount of technical knowledge, you can replace it yourself. Just go to ebay and search "PS3 ethernet card". I think you could get one for around $20 bucks - don't quote me on that. But with some instruction, you could replace it without a problem. I recently installed a 500GB harddrive in my PS3 and partitioned the hard-drive - then installed Linux. So basically, I have a personal computer within my PS3. And it works beautiful. That was just side information though...lol

You should be able to connect if you follow the above instructions. Worst case scenario, you get a loss. At least you get to stay in the dynasty.

Hope this helps.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum