NCAA 10 - Online Dynasties
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NCAA 10 - Online Dynasties

For truly dedicated fans of NCAA 10 and Online Dynasties.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Off-Season Recruiting Schedule

+3
WaitingToInhale
BigReds
BarackLikeMe
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:59 am

BarackLikeMe

BarackLikeMe
Admin

Week 1 Advance: Tuesday, September 8th, 11:00 p.m., CENTRAL
Week 2 Advance: Thursday, September 10th, 11:00 p.m., CENTRAL
Week 3 Advance: Saturday, September 12th, 11:00 p.m., CENTRAL
Week 4 Advance: TBD
Week 5 Advance: TBD

After this is complete, we will get to assign positions, cut players and view training results. We should be expecting to start Season 2 within a week. The schedule above isn't set in stone, as we could certainly finish ahead of that time frame.

Pimpin'

https://ncaa10.rpg-board.net

2Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Re: Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:09 pm

BigReds

Legend in the Making
Legend in the Making

I hate recruiting =-(

3Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Re: Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:58 pm

BarackLikeMe

BarackLikeMe
Admin

BigReds wrote:I hate recruiting =-(

I don't think any of us actually enjoy it. Truthfully, it is a bit of a pain in the ass. But we have to do it to build a team. Besides, if you want to Build a Powerhouse you have to be a good recruiter.

4Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Re: Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:49 pm

BarackLikeMe

BarackLikeMe
Admin

Advancing Tonight @ 11 PM CT

5Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Re: Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:35 pm

BigReds

Legend in the Making
Legend in the Making

Can we just seem this offseason recruiting next year... what a pain in the ass!

6Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Re: Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:11 am

WaitingToInhale

WaitingToInhale
Hometown Hero
Hometown Hero

BigReds wrote:Can we just seem this offseason recruiting next year... what a pain in the ass!

I'm not the commish for this league, my brother is...but I have something to say about this recruiting.

If you guys don't learn how to recruit or don't participate in recruiting, it can actually fuck up the league. Your team is going to suck after a year or two, and that will affect anyone else who joins up later.

In my opinion, EVERYONE needs to recruit and needs to do it to the best of their abilities.

This is called "Project: Build a Powerhouse", right? Well no college coach in America can do that without recruiting.

So if someone isn't going to do their recruiting...they got to go!

7Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Re: Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:12 am

BigReds

Legend in the Making
Legend in the Making

OH I do it... I just suck ass at it.

8Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Re: Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:06 pm

goober26

goober26
1st Year Coach
1st Year Coach

I wonder if we could speed up the process, though? Don't we generally sim everyday? It feels like this recruiting is taking even longer than a regular season. Plus, I know we still have 3 weeks left of recruiting, plus a day for cuts, a day for position changes, a day for redshirting, a day for season scheduling, a day for pre-season recruiting, etc.... i can't wait to get some more wins for recruiting is EASIER for my team next year... 4-8 season, 1 star team, ahhhhhhh.....

9Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Re: Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:46 pm

WaitingToInhale

WaitingToInhale
Hometown Hero
Hometown Hero

goober26 wrote:I wonder if we could speed up the process, though? Don't we generally sim everyday? It feels like this recruiting is taking even longer than a regular season. Plus, I know we still have 3 weeks left of recruiting, plus a day for cuts, a day for position changes, a day for redshirting, a day for season scheduling, a day for pre-season recruiting, etc.... i can't wait to get some more wins for recruiting is EASIER for my team next year... 4-8 season, 1 star team, ahhhhhhh.....

Hey...guess it's just like real college football. The off-season is SO DAMN LONG. Sleep

10Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Re: Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:21 pm

starscream2108

High School Coach
High School Coach

Finally got my pc back.

I'm glad for the recruiting. I do wish it was a once a day advance, but what can you do?

I've got some good players interested right now, so I'm alright lol.

11Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Re: Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:31 pm

DISCIPLEofPAIN

DISCIPLEofPAIN
High School Coach
High School Coach

kent state, im 4-8 eith the #5 overall recruit and working on one of the better recruiting classes... record doesn't have as much to do with it as you might think

12Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Re: Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:41 pm

goober26

goober26
1st Year Coach
1st Year Coach

tell me your secret!!! do you actually call and focus on specific subjects that are of interest to the prospect or do you just quick call? promises?

13Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Re: Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:20 am

BarackLikeMe

BarackLikeMe
Admin

NO QUICK CALLING.

And yeah, you actually have to take the time to speak to each recruit and find out what they like and don't like. For most of us, this first year has been a "learning on the job" experience in recruiting.

But I will guarantee you this...

If all you do is quick call, or not even recruit altogether, your team will never get better and you'll always suck. Listen, recruiting is going to be a part of the NCAA football franchise forever. So if you plan on playing NCAA11, NCAA12 and so on, you'll need to learn how to recruit.

Also, if you refer back to a previous post, a former player gave some good tips on recruiting.

14Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Re: Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:45 am

BigReds

Legend in the Making
Legend in the Making

Are we still week 2 or 3... I haven't turned my PS3 on in a couple days.... and won't until this evening.

15Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Re: Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:54 pm

starscream2108

High School Coach
High School Coach

Did last nights advance happen? I keep getting a server error and cant check.

16Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Re: Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:22 pm

BarackLikeMe

BarackLikeMe
Admin

Got a little confused...lol

We still have one more week of recruiting left. I know its a pain in the ass - but a few of us have been able to pull in some last minute 3, 4 and 5 star recruits.

At least we will be able to start Season 2 soon. We have some new members over there in the MEAC/SWAC Challenge, so our two spots will get filled pretty quick. Just gotta wait til the pre-season is here.

Almost done - - -

17Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Re: Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:00 pm

ep444

1st Year Coach
1st Year Coach

im not trying to prove u rong or anything but i think that there is 10 weeks of rucruiting

18Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Re: Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:31 pm

BigReds

Legend in the Making
Legend in the Making

I think it is only 5 in the offseason.

19Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Re: Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:33 am

WaitingToInhale

WaitingToInhale
Hometown Hero
Hometown Hero

I believe it is just 5 weeks of recruiting, and then 5 more weeks to deal with the rest of the off-season schedule (Cutting players, training, changing positions, etc). But I'm not 100% sure.

20Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Re: Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:57 pm

starscream2108

High School Coach
High School Coach

Friday came and went, lets roll! lol

21Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Re: Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:03 pm

BarackLikeMe

BarackLikeMe
Admin

Advancing this evening when I get back to the crib

and smoking too

lol!

22Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Re: Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:55 pm

goober26

goober26
1st Year Coach
1st Year Coach

Are we stuck?? I'm excited to redeem myself with season 2!

23Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Re: Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:21 pm

BarackLikeMe

BarackLikeMe
Admin

goober26 wrote:Are we stuck?? I'm excited to redeem myself with season 2!

There were a few people who haven't cut players yet. Considering this is an important time of the season for teams, I figured it was important to give this a little more time.

However...it has been ready since Sunday night. Today is Thursday. It takes 10 minutes (at the most) to finish your "cut players" off-season task. So if those people couldn't find 10 minutes out of 5 days, tough shit...lol

I'm advancing in about 10 minutes to the Pre-Season. I'll also be sending out a league email and recruiting for the two spots left vacant. So it looks like we will be playing again very very very soon.

24Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Empty Re: Off-Season Recruiting Schedule Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:45 pm

WaitingToInhale

WaitingToInhale
Hometown Hero
Hometown Hero

Yeah this shit has taken so damn long. I know we had some hang-ups with the Orange Bowl that took up some extra time...but we gotta get everything moving a little faster...lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum