NCAA 10 - Online Dynasties
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NCAA 10 - Online Dynasties

For truly dedicated fans of NCAA 10 and Online Dynasties.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Complete League Rules & Guidelines

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Complete League Rules & Guidelines Empty Complete League Rules & Guidelines Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:53 pm

WaitingToInhale

WaitingToInhale
Hometown Hero
Hometown Hero

Cheesing Specific Rule Violations:

*If I receive more than two complaints about you - you will get booted..
*My brother and I are roommates (BarackLikeMe), we have two witnesses. So if cheesing is played against either of us, you definitely will be booted on the first time.

*No Illegal Substitutions: This means putting DB's at DE, CB's at QB, or any other variations that normal football teams would not do. THAT is the key.
*No Going For It On 4th Down/2 Pt. Conv When Inappropriate: This is pretty much self-explanatory. However, if it is 4th and 1 and you are around the 50, by all means go for it. It is the excessive attempts that are ridiculous. Want to know if it is cheese? Ask yourself if a normal football team would do it - if a Head Coach would make that decision.
*No Excessive Scrambling: I understand that some teams have speedy QB's and designed plays for bootlegs, options and QB sneaks. For example, Tim Tebow has numerous plays designed for him in the Florida playbook. It is the excessive scrambling that is unneeded. And you guys know what I'm talking about. Even Tebow doesn't scramble 50-75% of plays. Sometimes you have to do it to get a first down - when it is EXCESSIVE, it becomes a serious issue. You will get booted for this. Even if I see ridiculous running stats for your quarterback in the game stats, you run the risk of being booted. So keep the game fair.
*Chew Clock Rules: I'm actually a fan of this. The parameters of using this is that you MUST be in the 4th quarter with less than 5 minutes OR you can be in the second quarter with less than 2 minutes. Against the CPU, use it whenever you want.

It is all about SPORTSMANSHIP. We all have respect for eachother - and this league is to build a program you can call your own - a program that can dominate into the future. Remember to respect your opponent and play this game the way real football is meant to be played.

RECRUITING RULES AND GUIDELINES:

I've done some researching on a few offline dynasties to see the effects of not recruiting. Interesting what I've found out.

I'm not going to be a jerk about this and get real specific - but I will lay down a few rules and we will make adjustments next off-season if need be.

- You must recruit each week. This is a dynasty and anyone who does not participate in recruiting will be booted from the league. Not recruiting for your school could effect them for many future seasons. Even if you do not have recruiting techniques down, play a few off-season dynasties and google a few things - you'll learn how to recruit better and you'll end up getting better players. Its a win for you and a win for the league.

Pretty simple right? No other rules. Just recruit every week.

Server Disconnect Rules:

When Playing Against the Computer:

When playing against the computer, there is absolutely no reason to receive a restart. If you lose your connection with EA or your Internet goes off, you can still finish the game and upload the results when the game is finished. You will not receive Season Showdown points, but your game results WILL be reported and uploaded to the server. When the game is finished, hit your PS button on your controller, go to the Playstation Network tab, and then click "sign-in". If your internet connection is re-established, the results will be uploaded. If you cannot get your connection re-established, you will have to leave your Playstation on until that game result can be made. Even if you have to go to work, put the Playstation on pause and finish when u get home. Luckily, we have Playstations so we don't have to worry about Red Rings of Death. Back to a serious point...we can't bend the rules on this or people will just have an excuse for restarts.

When Playing Against A Human:

Peer vs. Peer disconnects can happen sometimes - even if EA has an issue. The rules are as follows: If the game is after the first quarter AND the point difference is 17 or more, you may finish the game against the CPU. Any point differential in the 4th quarter and the game can be finished against cpu. If it is an EA server issue and neither player can continue, or if the previous rules have not applied, then both players must put "Mutual Restart" in their Update Message box. This includes games with lag issues. Sometimes they can be rescheduled (as soon as an hour later) without any problems. It is not 100% foolproof, but we will notice something if someone is taking advantage of this slight "honesty system".

These are the rules for your two applicable game types. I don't want there to be any confusion! Thanks afro

Last edited by WaitingToInhale on Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Server Disconnect Rules Added)

2Complete League Rules & Guidelines Empty Re: Complete League Rules & Guidelines Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:52 pm

WaitingToInhale

WaitingToInhale
Hometown Hero
Hometown Hero

Added "Server Disconnections" the the rules and guidelines.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum